Lear’s product portfolio includes standard and custom connection systems, with capabilities ranging from signal to high power. Our experience in integrating terminal and connector solutions throughout the vehicle’s electrical distribution system allows for maximum reliability while reducing cost.
Lear’s capabilities cover the complete value chain, from advanced research and development and tooling construction, to extensive manufacturing expertise—allowing us to shorten the product and process development cycle.
With more than 200 patents filed, Lear continues to commit its resources to the development of the industry’s most technically advanced connection systems. Our focus remains on developing and manufacturing high-performance, ultra-compact, cost-effective systems, engineered for optimal performance anywhere in the vehicle including:
- Terminal systems starting at 0.5 mm
- Wire cross section starting at 0.08mm²
- Sealed and unsealed solutions
- Reliable electrical contact due to spring loaded terminal system designs
- Compact inline solutions with various housings ranging from 16-way to 62-way
- Fuse solutions like master fuse and single fuses
- Press fit pins and pin headers
- Electronic module connection systems
Our state-of-the-art connection systems global production facilities employ innovative manufacturing by using automated processes and advanced technology, including robotics for precise applications such as pin headers for gateway modules, which provides top performance and the highest possible quality.
48V & High Voltage Connection Systems
Lear’s global high-power connections systems provide the integrated solutions and standalone products in demand for 48V and HV performance.
Lear’s full product portfolio of high current box terminals and high-current round pin terminals perform at the highest level, with numerous product features, including:
- Connection systems up to 1,000V
- High voltage interlock (HVIL)
- Waterproof and shielded connection systems with noise reduction up to 70dB
- Available insulated tip that reduces risk of inadvertent high voltage discharge
- Crimp or sonic-welded termination technology
- 2-way & 3-way connectors for AC & DC applications
- Flexible 4-way connector
- 2, 2-way connections; or
- 1, 3-way connection
This portfolio offers our customers a high-performance, ultra-compact, cost-effective system that is engineered for optimal performance anywhere in the vehicle.