Dear Supplier Administrator:
As part of Lear Corporation’s annual IATF 16949 audit certification and compliance, Lear is required to have a VALID Quality Certificate on file for every address that ships to Lear.
This is a reminder that IATF 16949 and ISO 9001 certification is required unless your company has obtained a waiver or deviation in writing from Lear. Suppliers not in compliance will not be able to bid on new business and may lose current business. All suppliers are required to comply with Lear’s Customer Specific Requirements which can be found in our Global Supplier Requirements Manual. Please review these requirements to avoid any non-conformances.
It is expected that your organization formulate a transition plan to be in accordance with these standards. ISO 9001/IATF 16949 has a much stronger focus on the following, and as such, Lear will be evaluating our supply base for compliance:
• Risk-based thinking
• Integration of customer specific requirements
• First and second-party auditor competency
• Product safety
• Manufacturing feasibility
• Warranty management
• Development of products with embedded software
Global Supplier Requirements Manual and SLM Supplier Portal training guides can be found on www.lear.com.
SAP (SLM) Portal (https://slm.lear.com)
• Supplier Administrator assigns user access
• Update company changes / data management for shipping and or payment address, etc.
• Upload of certificates (quality, environmental, diversity)
• Upload of other attachments/documents requested by your Lear buyer
If you do not have access to the slm.lear.com portal – or cannot remember your credentials, send an email to email@example.com.
NOTE: CERTIFICATES ARE NOT ACCEPTED VIA EMAIL. CONTACT YOUR LEAR BUYER IF YOU DO NOT UNDERSTAND THE REQUIREMENTS OR NEED ASSISTANCE.
Thank you in advance for your support.