The purpose of this letter is to serve as a reminder and guide for overseas shipments that will be destined to be imported into the United States. Lear Corporation has been experiencing a lot of shipment delays and added costs due to incorrect documentation. Failure to follow these logistics & customs requirements may result in QN’s being assessed and $100 debit per occurrence as outlined in Lear’s Global Requirements for Suppliers.
This guide outlines the information needed in a Commercial Invoice for a smooth and fast importation process. This is required for any shipment, regardless of transportation mode.
Commercial Invoice Basic Requirements
• Invoice to be in English
• Date of shipment
• Name and complete address of supplier
• Name and complete address of Consignee
• Consignee’s Tax ID & legal company name
• Name and address of sold to party
• Notify Party Name and Address
• Purchase Order Number
• Purchase Order Incoterms
• Detailed description of the products in English including:
• Weights and measures
• Currency Type
• Total invoice cost (Must match cost entered on airway bill or bill of lading)
• For HAZMAT / Chemical Products, shipment must include MSDS
The above requirements can be found at https://www.lear.com/Site/Suppliers/Web-Guides.aspx
If you have any questions, please reach out to the Lear US Customs Team at SDL-JHQ03@lear.com
Thank you for your compliance.